Week 16 Not Long - 2 weeks - then the summer holidays
Following parental feedback we would like to offer parents the choice of which learning platform they wish to use for their child. Please complete the English, Maths and Foundation subjects on your chosen platform each day and also complete the PSHE, PE and RE for the week.
School based Distanced Learning
Please send any writing or work produced as part of the daily teaching and learning to firstname.lastname@example.org for the class teacher.
This week we are looking at Special places.
A place that is very important to Catholics is Lourdes. Watch the video to see why it is such a special place and its history.
- What do you think of the way Bernadette acted ?
- Why do you think people go to Lourdes?
- Would you like to go and why?
- What do you think you might do in Lourdes?
- Talk about the five signs. Which appeals to you most and why?
Try one of these activities
- Research some information about Lourdes and design a poster for a school or parish trip to Lourdes and explain why it would be good to go, what the experience would be like and how it might shape your life.
- Write an eye-witness report from Lourdes. Give reasons for the actions of those who visit Lourdes and show an understanding of the liturgies, processions and healing they may have experienced. In the concluding paragraph to begin to explain the meaning and purpose of spending time as a pilgrim in Lourdes?
- Using all or some of the signs of Lourdes, ,: e.g. the water, the rock, the light, the crowd and the sick (see the Lourdes website).make a link with Scripture for each of them. What did Jesus do or say and how important are these words and deeds of Jesus to Christians.
High School is just around the corner. Although it is a new start, with new surroundings, you will find lots of similarities between High School and Sacred Heart. This exercise will help you see some of these. You have all matured and are continuing to mature into responsible adults and your time at High School will help you. All you need to do is embrace the changes and have a positive attitude to learning. If you do these two things, your time at High School will be enjoyable.