School based Distanced Learning
Please send any writing or work produced as part of the daily teaching and learning to firstname.lastname@example.org for the class teacher.
Some questions to think about when looking at these powerpoints.
- Why do you think oil is used in healing?
- What other sacraments include anointing with oil?
What do you think is most difficult for a sick person and why?
How do you think the sick person feels when they know someone is praying for them?
What do you think James means when he says: ‘the Lord will raise him up’?
Sacrament of the Sick
This is a very important Sacrament (remember - Sacraments are a time when we are particularly closer to God.) It is intended to strengthen those that are ill.
The sacrament of anointing of the sick is given to those who are seriously ill by anointing them on the forehead and hands with duly-blessed oil – pressed from olives or from other plants – saying, only once: ‘Through this holy anointing may the Lord in his love and mercy help you with the grace of the Holy Spirit. May the Lord who frees you from sin save you and raise you up.’
- In what way does the Anointing of the Sick heal a person?
- What is important about a person being anointed at a gathering of the parish family?
- How do you think the priest feels as he administers this Sacrament?
- Why do you think the hands and forehead of the person are anointed?
- What words of comfort and hope did you notice in the prayers?
- Compose your own final prayer for those who are sick, perhaps as a PowerPoint presentation with pictures to give meaning to the words.
- Write a diary entry, imagining you were one of the people being anointed. Explain your experience, how you felt and what effect it will have on your life.
Costing the Earth
You will explore how energy is used in the home and discover simple strategies to conserve energy. You will plan individual actions to reduce energy waste around the home and the school environment. You can work collectively with your family to create an energy-saving action plan for your home.