Week 9 - Missing you all. I hope you are all engaging with as many activities as possible. Please remember to send in your Fluent in Five scores daily. Madison has been really good at remembering to do this. Please include your name and that it is Fluent in Five. If you do not want to write it out fully, just put FF + your name and score. Keep checking the PE section as I will add to this any challenges we are sent by Lancashire. Have a great week and remember to stay safe.
- Teachers will ensure that the weekly distanced learning page on their class page has all the information and links for the pupils to access a broad and balanced curriculum each week.
- Teachers will continue to monitor and track the attainment and progress of pupils using the Math's Scores and daily writing produced by the pupils.
- Teachers will signpost pupils and provide further guidance and support for any pupils who may need further intervention or support.
- Teachers will continue to adapt their practice to ensure that all pupils are being supported during this time.
- Parents will enable their child/ children to access the daily teaching and learning via the weekly distanced learning page.
- Parents will expect their child to complete any Math's Quizzes and will support their child in submitting their name and score.
- Parents will upload their child's writing daily and send it to the class email. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parents will raise any concerns with the school and will continue to have open communication with the school during lockdown.
- Pupils will log onto the BBC Bitesize website each morning and complete the English, Maths and Foundation Subject content for that day.
- Pupils will submit their name and Math's score following a quiz via the link below.
- Daily writing using the teaching and learning during the week to generate the focus for the writing will be uploaded and sent to the class teacher via class email email@example.com.
- Pupils will complete any additional work for Religious Education, PSHE or other topics and send photos of their learning to firstname.lastname@example.org
Click on the sign below for your daily teaching and Learning for English, Mathematics and Foundation Subjects.
Please send any writing or work produced as part of the daily teaching and learning to email@example.com for the class teacher.
This week I want you to look at the Subjunctive Form. We have not looked at this in depth so please listen to the song carefully. All year I have said, "if it is singular you use was and plural use were." Remember me asking you to correct your writing because you wrote the wrong verb. Well now you can! But only in formal writing. There are other verbs you will use differently in formal writing so listen and learn!
If I were the queen, I would give you a extra holiday.
It is essential that they be allowed in to school.
Look at these two sentences, write them out and underline the verb that shows the subjunctive form.
Now write some of your own.
In these sentences the verb has become singular, whereas we would normally add an 's'. Can you write your own sentences using this form.
This is an important day, on which we celebrate when Jesus said goodbye to his friends and went back to to his Father in Heaven.
Watch this video to see what happened.
Please find the resources for the activities below.