WE ARE ON WEEK 2! We started following this programme a week later than when it started so we are a week behind.
Maths this week is decimals and fractions. On the initial quiz don't forget to do the same to the numerator as you do to the denominator when converting.
Another fun song to practice the 7 times table.
English this week is looking at information leaflets.
Monday you will be looking at comprehenson skills and particularly word meanings.
Word of the day prevalent.
This week we celebrate VE Day. A very important day in British History. Even though we are not in school to start the celebrations, you can celebrate with your family the freedom we have been given through the sacrifice of many soldiers. Here are a variety of activities to help you.
May is the Month of Mary
Poem by Fr Gerard Manley Hopkins SJ (1844-1889)
May is Mary’s month and I
Muse at that and wonder why:
Her feasts follow reason,
Dated due to season—
Candlemas, Lady Day
But the Lady Month, May,
Why fasten that upon her,
With a feasting in her honour?
Is it only its being brighter
Than the most are must delight her?
Is it opportunest
And flowers finds soonest?
Ask of her, the mighty mother:
Her reply puts this other
Question: What is Spring?—
Growth in every thing—
Flesh and fleece, fur and feather,
Grass and greenworld all together,
Throstle above her nested
Cluster of bugle blue eggs thin
Forms and warms the life within,
And bird and blossom swell
In sod or sheath or shell.
All things rising, all things sizing
Mary sees, sympathising
With that world of good,
Their magnifying of each its kind
With delight calls to mind
How she did in her stored
Magnify the Lord.
Well but there was more than this:
Spring’s universal bliss
Much, had much to say
To offering Mary May.
Bloom lights the orchard-apple
And thicket and thorp are merry
With silver-surfed cherry
And azuring-over greybell makes
Wood banks and brakes wash wet like lakes
And magic cuckoocall
Caps, clears, and clinches all—
This ecstasy all through mothering earth
Tells Mary her mirth till Christ’s birth
To remember and exultation
In God who was her salvation.
- How do you think Connor felt?
- What do you think Connor should do? He was a witness to an incident. What are his choices?
- What do you think happened next?
- Who do you think needs courage in this situation?
- What would you do?
- Have you ever been in a situation where you have needed courage to witness? What happened?
Think about the different endings to this story. - Write about the ending you think would happen.
Here are some activities to do for PSHE - these are fun activities to keep your mind active and healthy whilst you think about yourself and others.
- Visit a virtual museum! Go online and explore the collections online.
- Get in contact with a local care home and arrange to send a letter to one of the residents.
- Look at the last 20 photos on your phone and think about how they make you feel.
- Say something positive to everyone in your household today.
- Do something helpful for a friend or family member today.
PE - scroll down the page below until you get to this weeks timetable. Click on the links for a demonstration of what you have to do. ENJOY!
Try the virtual climb challenge - be careful!