Following parental feedback we would like to offer parents the choice of which learning platform they wish to use for their child. Please complete the English, Maths and Foundation subjects on your chosen platform each day and also complete the PSHE, PE and RE for the week.
School based Distanced Learning
Please send any writing or work produced as part of the daily teaching and learning to email@example.com for the class teacher.
LO - Building bridges of friendship.
What do you know about bridges? Look at the power point below showing lots of different types. Think to yourself what they do and why we need them.
Below are some pictures of a suspension bridge. Think about how they are constructed.
A bridge needs to be built from both sides. A bridge must be strong enough for people to walk on. Bridges span or stretch across things.
A bridge needs to be cared for and looked after otherwise it will just fall down. Friendships are like a bridge. They also need to be cared for and looked after otherwise they will fail.
Read the story below about a friendship between Charlotte and Poppy.
- What brought Charlotte and Poppy together as friends?
- Why do you think the friendship faded?
- What do you think about Poppy?
- What do you think Charlotte might do?
- Has anything like this ever happened to you?
- How did you feel?
- What did you do to mend the friendship?
Make a list of friends you have had for a long time. For each friend, record:
- How did you meet your friend?
- What made you become friends?
- What do you do together?
- What do you like about your friend?
- Is there anything you don’t like about your friend?
- Is there anything your friend doesn’t like about you?
- In what ways have you helped to change one another?
This week we are thinking about the people who are special to us. Read through the power point below and use the resources to help you.