- Teachers will ensure that the weekly distanced learning page on their class page has all the information and links for the pupils to access a broad and balanced curriculum each week.
- Teachers will continue to monitor and track the attainment and progress of pupils using the Math's Scores and writing produced by the pupils.
- Teachers will signpost pupils and provide further guidance and support for any pupils who may need further intervention or support.
- Teachers will continue to adapt their practice to ensure that all pupils are being supported during this time.
- Parents will enable their child/ children to access the daily teaching and learning via the weekly distanced learning page.
- Parents will expect their child to complete the Math's Quiz on a Monday and Friday and will support their child in submitting their name and score.
- Parents will upload their child's writing and send it to the school.
- Parents will raise any concerns with the school and will continue to have open communication with the school during lockdown.
- Pupils will log onto the Oak National Academy each morning and complete the English, Maths and Foundation Subject content for that day.
- On each Monday the pupils will use the Math's Quiz Score link to submit their score for the Math's quiz. They will also submit their name and Math's score on a Friday via the link below.
- Each Friday the pupils will submit a piece of writing using the teaching and learning during the week to generate the focus for the writing. This piece of writing will then be uploaded and sent to the class teacher via email@example.com.
- Pupils will complete any additional work for Religious Education, PSHE or other topics and send photos of their learning to firstname.lastname@example.org
This week's PE challenge for you
I've added our class onto code for life which is very much like the Scratch programme you have used in school. To access the site, click on the image below. Once on the site, click on login and then fill in your details which are given in the document below. You will be able to see how your friends are doing so there is no need to access other people's. I will also be able to keep tabs on who is accessing this site and the progress they are making.
Click on the acorn below for your daily teaching and Learning for English, Mathematics and Foundation Subjects.
Go through the schedule for each day. Send any completed work to Mrs Harling at email@example.com
I look forward to seeing it!
Fluent in 5
Complete a sheet a day in your exercise book. No peeking at the answers!
If you fancy a challenge try out the Math challenges below. Good luck!
LO - The Holy Spirit gives courage to Peter and John.
Read the following passages
The apostles are witnesses to Jesus being raised to new life by God. The Holy Spirit confirmed their faith in Jesus and gave them the courage they needed to speak out about the Good News of Jesus even when they were threatened.
- Why were the friends of Jesus full of new life?
- Why do you think the officials were annoyed?
- What happened to Peter and John?
- How do you think Peter and John felt when they were arrested?
- What did they say to the council?
- How did Peter and John show their courage to the officials?
- What would you have done? Why?
Pretend you are either Peter or John. Write a diary extract about the events (being arrested). Give reasons behind their responses to the officials about what happened.
This week's spellings. Make sure you practice them every day by using one of the activities shown below.
Reading is important. Make sure you are reading on a daily basis.
To access the resources, click on the image below and then click on the my class login. Enter the following details:
username: sacred heart year 4
password: Year 4
Friday marks 75 years since the end of the second world war. If we had been in school this week, we would have been completing lots of activities about this very important event. Instead, I have uploaded a grid with lots of activities you can complete whilst at home with your family.
Friday is a national Bank Holiday so why not have a party to celebrate VE day with your family.
Watch a video clip filmed after the original VE day. Click on the image below.