Following parental feedback we would like to offer parents the choice of which learning platform they wish to use for their child. Please complete the English, Maths and Foundation subjects on your chosen platform each day and also complete the PSHE, PE and RE for the week.
School based Distanced Learning
Please send any writing or work produced as part of the daily teaching and learning to email@example.com for the class teacher.
The Prodigal Son
This week we are looking at one of the most famous parables (stories) from the Bible. If you can remember this picture from the story was in our school and we had it in the hall on a stand. We will look again at the story behind the picture.
- What did the younger son choose to do with his money?
- What were the consequences of his choices?
- What do you think it means in the story when it says: ‘he came to his senses’?
- What did he plan to say to his father?
- What words did he use that meant he had done wrong?
- What does the story tell us about the father?
- Who is the father like?
Activity (Choose one of these)
- Choose some words or phrases which describe the character of the father. Describe how he is like God our loving Father.
- Imagine you are the son or the father and tell your story, giving reasons for your thoughts and actions.
- Look at the picture of the Prodigal Son. Write a commentary on it to explain to people visiting the art gallery what the picture is about and what meaning it might have for life.
This week we will be looking at what can affect our lives. Sometimes it can be good things - sometimes bad. People also influence our lives.